• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Debating.

beleive?Dont beleive?

• Beleive in God

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dont Beleive

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Feb 24, 2007
UK
KoRn_Dowwg666;25806 said:
Most people forget that the story of Christianity is a fable to teach to less intelligent beings a way of life, and is not supposed to be taken literally, which is the mistake St Paul made...
An interesting viewpoint - where did you hear that?

And people, can we please not get over excited here - I understand that religion is a hot topic for many, but if it turns into a battle ground I may have to close the thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Feb 24, 2007
UK
I'm just aware that people feel very strongly about their beliefs, whatever they may be, and I do not wish for lots of upset and friendships to become strained through a difference of opinion.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general warning, if you like ^_^

Arwen

Lost Soul
Jan 7, 2007
Rivendale
www.myspace.com
Not meaning to offend people but stories of the past are usualy half truths and the rest is made up. It's the same with christianity. Now I'm not saying that Mary and Joseph didn't exist it's just that you have a bare in mind that it's not all based in facts. I really don't mean to offend everyone it's only an opinion.

The dark knight;25812 said:
I am intelligent dammit!I beleive in GOD!!!!DO YOU THINK WE WERE JUST CREATED BY ACCIDENT!!!!???Yeah lets just say we were created by an explosion!What do you think created the chemicals that created us eh???What made what made that!!!??
Well actually, that can easily be explained. A big bang is created by two Universes colliding with one another, which then creates a star nursery where clumps of rock, dust and hot gasses form together to create stars and planets.

Oh, and did I say you were stupid? You obviously don't understand what I am saying. thousandsa of years ago religion was taught to people who lived in Farms and did not get any education to help them get on with life.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Mar 4, 2007
Staffordshire England
Twitter
DarkDrakan
The dark knight;25812 said:
Yeah lets just say we were created by an explosion!What do you think created the chemicals that created us eh???What made what made that!!!??It couldnt have just been there for no reason!It makes more sense than the Big BANG!What created those chemicals eh?Something must have put them here!Have your own traditions and beliefs before going and criticizing people have hope for.People have always beleived in something.

WE werent created by the chemicals/matter/ and energy from the big bang as we came millions of years after but thats how the planet itself was formed. In my opinion and also scientists opinion and research life started on earth as tiny microbes on the planet long after it was formed after the big bang as the planet was to hot to begin with for anything to live and took a very long time to get any real form of life on it. All the creatures and living things on the planet today were merely created by evolution over millions of years and changes in habitat and environment.

Also....

A number of Christian and traditional Jewish sources have accepted the Big Bang as a possible description of the origin of the universe, interpreting it to allow for a philosophical first cause. Pope Pius XII was an enthusiastic proponent of the Big Bang even before the theory was scientifically well-established and consequently the Roman Catholic Church has been a prominent advocate for the idea that creation ex nihilo can be interpreted as consistent with the Big Bang. This view is shared by many religious Jews in all branches of rabbinic Judaism. Some groups contend the Big Bang is also consistent with the teaching of creation according to Kabbalah.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Feb 24, 2007
UK
At the end of the day not one person on this planet can prove that the world was created by one way or another - to believe God did it requires faith and to believe science's explanations requires faith too as none of it is proven, just theoretical. To claim that evolution is the way is just as fantastic as claiming God did it - truth us, no one knows. We can have faith in one or the other (or maybe a combination) but some things you can never prove and debating about it endlessly, regurgitating old science lessons and googling stuff is not gonna prove anything. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree :)

I have a sister - until you meet her, I can't prove that to you. You either take my word for it, see photos and read letters she's written to me or call me a liar. I know that's a little on the simplistic side, but you can see what I'm getting at. For many, simply hearing another say "God did this" Jesus is that" etc is not enough. They have to encounter it for themselves.

With regards to the Bible as a whole, some of it is imagery (the book of revelation is a good indication of this) and some of it is historical (the existence of Jesus is not limited to the bible - there was a guy called Jesus who was crucified, like a lot of people during that period). When reading any religious book, you need to also research into it to understand things fully - the times, the culture and stuff like that. Otherwise, you'll start thinking that women who do not cover their heads and wear trousers are all prostitutes. Obviously, this is not the case in Western culture and we need to take things like that into account when reading the Bible.

The dark knight;25837 said:
See!Religion has been here for awhile.Well just see who is right when the end of the world comes.

When the end of the world comes we would be living on one of Saturn's moons. It would be habitable by then. Then when the Sun gets too hot we will go to a different Solar System alltogether ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.