• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

    We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

    Register Log in

Debating.

beleive?Dont beleive?

  • Beleive in God

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dont Beleive

    Votes: 5 55.6%

  • Total voters
    9
Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker
Aug 12, 2006
1,080
0
1,900
32
Dhaka
www.myspace.com
Even though I don't get the chance to show it,I am a religious person and have complete faith in god.

No I'm NOT a Christian.

I'm a Muslim. I believe that there is only one god,only one with no equal who controls the whole world.You can't touch him,you can't see him.But He does exist,and he is the one who created everything in this universe.

I believe in Jesus.All Muslims do.The difference between the Christians' and our beliefs is we don't believe that Jesus is the son of god.We believe he was a holy man and prophet,but he was a mortal man,not a deity.

And about the non-believers...well,I won't say anything because even though I always follow logic I'm not too good at expressing it.I will say though that it is not wise to just throw the whole concept in the drain without thinking it over.;)
 

The dark knight

Well-known Member
Mar 3, 2007
2,174
4
3,595
Your life was threateaned.Pop a cap in his Blah!If that guy threateaned to take your life away then he is not a christian!God says thou shall not murder!!!!!

Hexadecimal;25414 said:
I feel kind of weird saying this, since whenever I do I always get jumped on and screamed at, but I'm not a Christian...
I recognize the usefulness of having an external loving father figure to watch over you, whether he were real or not, but for me there's not truth in it, so I don't go in for it, although I know there is truth in it to be found for other people...
I have no problem with anyone holding any faith they wish, but I have found them to often have a problem with me, as though I was going out of my way to attack them somehow by not feeling as they do...
Religion can be a source of strength for some people, but so too can religious intolerance, which has caused countless problems in the world, and it seems of late that people have come to being overly politically correct with just about every religious group on the planet, but "athiests", wiccans and satanists are open season for attacks and insults...
I had my life threatened when I was 16 for not "admitting" that jesus was the son of god, and when I reported it to the place I was staying at, I was thrown out... if the same had been done to a member of a recognized religious group, it would be classified a hate crime... since I was not, it was seen as my own fault for not "accepting jesus christ as my personal saviour"... at the very least, I should have freedom of speech to say that I do or do not believe in god, but freedom of speech apparently does not supersede their first commandment... needless to say it has left me uncomfortable around particularly fanatical christians... as though rights are only to be applied to the "faithful"...
 
I may believe that someone called Jesus may have existed, but I myself do not think he was superior. In fact, I will give up my right leg if he was. He couldn't walk on water, he was not the son of "God", and not only that, St Paul took most of the Bible's stories from other Egyptian and Greek legends, such as Pythagarus (or however you spell it). An example is the turning five loaves of bread and two fish into millions of them (which was actually a well known magic trick back then would you believe lol) and getting nailed to a tree, oh, and walking on water. Almost everything in the Bible has been taken from ancient mythology.
 

The dark knight

Well-known Member
Mar 3, 2007
2,174
4
3,595
*mouth wide open*OH MY GOD!

KoRn_Dowwg666;25494 said:
I may believe that someone called Jesus may have existed, but I myself do not think he was superior. In fact, I will give up my right leg if he was. He couldn't walk on water, he was not the son of "God", and not only that, St Paul took most of the Bible's stories from other Egyptian and Greek legends, such as Pythagarus (or however you spell it). An example is the turning five loaves of bread and two fish into millions of them (which was actually a well known magic trick back then would you believe lol) and getting nailed to a tree, oh, and walking on water. Almost everything in the Bible has been taken from ancient mythology.
 
IloveVergil;25471 said:
Even though I don't get the chance to show it,I am a religious person and have complete faith in god.

No I'm NOT a Christian.

I'm a Muslim. I believe that there is only one god,only one with no equal who controls the whole world.You can't touch him,you can't see him.But He does exist,and he is the one who created everything in this universe.

I believe in Jesus.All Muslims do.The difference between the Christians' and our beliefs is we don't believe that Jesus is the son of god.We believe he was a holy man and prophet,but he was a mortal man,not a deity.

And about the non-believers...well,I won't say anything because even though I always follow logic I'm not too good at expressing it.I will say though that it is not wise to just throw the whole concept in the drain without thinking it over.;)

Fair enough but, if I may put some of my favourite lyrics down you'll see where I'm coming from:

"That's it sir, you're leaving
The dust and the sceaming
The yuppies networking
The panic
The vomit
The panic
The vomit
God loves his children
God loves his children
Yeah"

The end part to "Paranoid Android" By Radiohead.

I completely agree with those lyrics, the options are that either God doesn't exist or he's not benevolent as is the belief put in so many organised religions. Consequently I don't believe in any organised religion. (You can see the sarcasm in the lyrics can't you)
 

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
Dec 11, 2006
617
1
2,045
29
NJ
www.facebook.com
lol,listen what your saying is true ,it's just that well.......your actually right about some of the things you said, yes you are in control of your life, but no you are not in control of how old you will live, when you will die and how you will die, and that's a common known fact that you could die at any moment, and the other thing that i will say is that if you believe in satan, you believe in God, because the devil is real....trust me that part is definitley true, but still your in control of your actions, God didn't want to make you into a robot so he could say"bring me a glass off water" and you just go get it, it's more complicated then that he gave you a mind to think about the choices and he gave you a voice box to say your answer...if you say no, you'll be disobeying God but at least you had a choice, it's like a dog and it's owner, the dog will choose to listen when it want's to.....kinda like my dog,but that's besisdes the point, what i'm trying to say is that you have a choice, and right now i'm choosing to respond to what you guy's said earlier, now............does that clear anything up?

uhh....sorry about the coments from before.....

it's just that well i thought you'd people would actually listen to me..........for once

And i mean that truly..........
 

Dark Drakan

Well-known Member
Admin
Moderator
Mar 4, 2007
10,550
7,288
19,925
36
Staffordshire England
Twitter
DarkDrakan
SpArAda1127;25703 said:
Yes you are in control of your life, but no you are not in control of how old you will live, when you will die and how you will die, and that's a common known fact that you could die at any moment.

Technically we are in control of how old we are when we die, if we want to drink ourselves to death, do dangerous jobs, be unhealthy, and take lots of risks we know that if we keep that up we will die and probably soon depending on how far we take it. We could even throw ourselves of a building if we wanted to, thats our choice and no-one controls it, we would be ending 'our own' life and nothing has control over that but us.
 
Dark Drakan;25709 said:
Technically we are in control of how old we are when we die, if we want to drink ourselves to death, do dangerous jobs, be unhealthy, and take lots of risks we know that if we keep that up we will die and probably soon depending on how far we take it. We could even throw ourselves of a building if we wanted to, thats our choice and no-one controls it, we would be ending 'our own' life and nothing has control over that but us.
I hate the fact when someone dies and some dude says, "Oh, it just goes to shoe that God tests us all".

WELL, if God did create us then he would know how we are structured in molecules and particles and how our destiny will turn out, but if he "tests us" then that completely throws a spanner at the Bible because he knows what we are going to do and when we are going to die, so he cannot "test" us because he already knows everything about our lives...supposedly anyway

Seriously, I do think that modern Christianity doesn't know their own religion...
 

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Moderator
Feb 24, 2007
7,782
10,498
20,825
UK
KoRn_Dowwg666;25724 said:
Seriously, I do think that modern Christianity doesn't know their own religion...
That's largely because people haven't a clue what being a Christian means. It is portrayed in two ways by the media - either cults full of nutjobs like the one Hexadecimal encountered (you know the kind I mean; swallowing poison and playing with rattle snakes and crap like that - or even worse, trying to exorcise everyone they meet :dry: ) or they are the type that make you want to cry with boredom...droning hymns, parading crosses up and down churches, making you fall asleep in your seat...the media portrays Christianity in a poor light and I can fully see why.

Jesus (a real historical figure, whatever else you believe about him) was a rebel - he went against the norms of society, he irritated the religious leaders of the day and caused trouble wherever he went. He spoke to outcasts, had meals with hated figures of society and hung out with murderers, lepers, prostitutes and other people considered the dregs of society. Nothing about Jesus' character and behaviour was pathetic and washed out...he didn't walk around giving puppies to everyone and making daisy chains :lol:

He broke every socially acceptable rule in the book and was radical, counter-cultural and didn't give a damn about what others thought. I like that about him...:D

Most people quote Marxism these days when it comes to any kind of religion - "the opiate of the masses" and to an extent that can be true. Historically, religion has been manipulated to placate people, unify them under one cause and engineer it so certain people get rich under the guise of "religious donations". I don't hold much truck with that kind of religion. I like my freedom of choice, which I exercise daily, and not one part of my belief system says "you have to do this or else." It's more like "You can do what you want, but there will be consequences so think about it" And because I love God, I don't want to do the things that hurt/upset Him - just like I wouldn't want to do the things that hurt my husband or my daughter. It's a relationship, not someone telling me what to do all the time. And I screw up and deal with it...God knows I'm not perfect and He doesn't expect me to be.

Most of what certain Christian factions do is religion they made up themselves through misinterpretation of the bible or some "God told me" crap. There is actually very little in the New Testament that tells you rigidly what you can and can't do - a lot of it is advice that is recommended in response to questions at the time of writing. If people choose not to follow it then that is up to them.

Someone once said, "the greatest source of atheism today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips but deny Him by their lifestyles."

Sadly too true...
 

The dark knight

Well-known Member
Mar 3, 2007
2,174
4
3,595
I am intelligent dammit!I beleive in GOD!!!!DO YOU THINK WE WERE JUST CREATED BY ACCIDENT!!!!???Yeah lets just say we were created by an explosion!What do you think created the chemicals that created us eh???What made what made that!!!??It couldnt have just been there for no reason!It makes more sense than the Big BANG!What created those chemicals eh?Something must have put them here!Have your own traditions and beliefs before going and criticizing people have hope for.People have always beleived in something.Have your own beliefs before saying ours is fake.We could be right and you could be wrong.You could be right and we could be wrong.YOu cant just say something is fake without proof.We have proof he exists.We found a wooden boat in the mountains of Turkey that is exactly the description of Noahs ark!And it has animal waste on it.Noah brought animals of all kind with him on the ship for many days and nights.I am not meaning to criticize you but just dont say its a fable that some idiot made up.
KoRn_Dowwg666;25806 said:
Most people forget that the story of Christianity is a fable to teach to less intelligent beings a way of life, and is not supposed to be taken literally, which is the mistake St Paul made...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.